Sunday, January 13, 2008

the nonsequitur

I once knew a boy who used that as his alias. I take it back-- I didn't really know him at all. He was a friend of a friend; a smart kid with clever taglines which I enjoyed reading. Unfortunately I would drunk-message him at 3am oftentimes after returning home from a bar. Being that he had no idea who I was, or how I knew who he was, or why I continually spied on him, he eventually blocked my account. I was thinking about him today. He often had excellent musical suggestions. I thought about him today not because of his excellent musical suggestions but because I amused myself when I asked Elyse about her shoe size after she asked me if I could force her to exercise.

Dion and I took Simon to the Gravity-free Zone today. This is similar to the Discovery-free Zone, except that there is zero gravity. He enjoys being able to float around in the ball pit, hover above the sliding board, and slam dunk himself into the basketball net. There aren't many other six month olds there. His zero-gravity motor skills are quite advanced; he has yet to master navigating at 9.8 m/s^2, an enigma similar to that of the direction of flushing toilet water in the southern hemisphere. Living here in Little Baltimore, the most empirical borough of Blazakisville, there are no shortages of fascinating inquiries!

No comments: