Thursday, January 17, 2008

Road to Snowwhere

Simon turned half today.

In honor of this significance, Somebody made it snow. This snow, unlike other snows of winters past, was quite lovely and built upon on the tree branches and mailboxes and telephone poles. Simon's warmest snow suit naturally had ears perched atop it, turning him into a most adorable cuddle animal. I decided that he would make a perfect commercial baby, so we set off for the television station.

When we arrived, to our dismay, we found many other animal babies auditioning for commercials! Unfortunately the pressure was too much for Simon so we moved into the soap opera line, where we could audition jointly as a mother-son act. Simon's lines consisted of tiny beast sounds and calls as well as a few medium sized beast yelps. I was so impressed with his performance that I kept forgetting to read my prompts! I apologized to Simon for ruining our audition, as we were not selected for the part. I've got my lines down now, though: "Absolutely not, Peter! Stay away from my family and our prized orchid farm!" And then, "How dare you suggest that I had amnesia from May 2005 to January 2006!" And lastly, "If its the last thing I do, I'll get to the bottom of your heinous lies regarding five legged worms!"

Next time I won't let Simon down.

No comments: